[XML-SIG] Metadata in XBEL

30 Mar 2001 20:23:59 +0200

* Mike Clarkson

| Isn't the canonical "solution" to this:
|
| <info>
| <metadata owner="http://tix.sourceforge.net"><![CDATA[
| I'll do what I please, with or without a <DTD>.
| ]]></metadata>
| </info>

No, this is not very nice, I think, because the information inside
the CDATA marked section will then have to be reparsed. It is much
better to redefine the DTD and just use an extended DTD.

Well-written XBEL applications that don't understand this stuff should
just ignore it, and those that understand it would much prefer to have
the content parsed as part of the document.

| That's legal in terms of an ANY definition of <metadata> isn't it?

Yes, it is.

| We do this because we also don't want parse the contents of the
| metadara.

Well, if you _really_ don't it works, but...

--Lars M.