[XML-SIG] Metadata in XBEL

Ross Burton r.burton@180sw.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:24:43 +0100

>  > 3) notes on bookmark
>   How is this different from the <desc/> element?  In Grail, this is
> filled in by a multi-line type-in box in the bookmark's or folder's
> Properties dialog -- it is equivalent to the same feature in
> Navigator.

Erm... D'oh!

>  > 4) nick-name (shortcut name for typing into location box)
>   Presumably Galeon supports this.  Anyone else?  I'm not at all sure
> I've ever seen it.

I though Netscape did this? Just checked, it doesn't.  Damn.  I'm not doing
well tonight, am I?  Maybe I should get more sleep.  :-)

Hey, ignore that too unless people can quote other browsers which support
this.

>  > 5) add to context menu
>   This sounds strangely like the "personal toolbar" -- how are they
> different?

That was my thought...  Don't think about putting it in the spec, I'll
encode it as Galeon-specific metadata.

Ross