[XML-SIG] 4DOM compliance potential problem

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle@free.fr
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:33:19 +0100 (MET)

Sourceforge seems to be down right now, so I post this directly to the list.

I working on an XML-Java course, and I the existence of the specified attribute
of the Attr interface was just brought into light to me.

It seems to me that 4DOM does not comply on tht spec regarding this point.
OTOH, the intended behaviour seems a real pain to implement (requires an access
to the DTD when using validation, since the required info is not available from
a SAX interface)

I'm quite happy with the current implemetation, but maybe this incompliance
should be documented somewhere.

Alexandre 'freezing in London' Fayolle
--
http://alexandre.fayolle.free.fr