[XML-SIG] Re: WBXML

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:16:15 +0100

> Thus far everything I have found regarding WBXML and most everything
> for WAP has been Java based.  But I have a python application that I
> would like to incorporate these features in.  And since the entire
> reason for looking at WBXML is performance and simplicity, the idea
> of using a Java layer in between just doesn't make sense.

I'm not aware of any WBXML libraries for Python. What kind of support
are you looking for?

For a parser, it would probably be most meaningful if a SAX reader was
implemented; for generating WBXML, an algorithm operating on a DOM
tree is probably most useful.

Are you interested in contributing any code to that respect?

Regards,
Martin