[XML-SIG] Problem installing PyXML-0.6.4 on W2K

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 05:38:25 +0100

> I was pleased to see the binary installer for PyXML, but I'm finding that
> it comes to a screen that asks me to "Select python installation to use:"
> with a blank text pane and a greyed-out text box that I can't type into, so
> I'm stuck. I'm using a freshly installed Python 1.6.1 on d:\Python161,
> running Windows 2000. Anyone run into this problem before?

That is no surprise. The binary installer works for 1.5.2, and 2.0,
respectively. Nobody uses or should use Python 1.6, so I recommend to
upgrade to 2.0.

> If all else fails, can I just extract the PyXML-0.6.4.tar.gz files
> into a subdirectory of d:\Python161\Lib and ignore the compiling,
> since there's already a pyexpat.pyd?

No. The expat.pyd of 1.6.1 is probably horribly broken, so PyXML will
not work properly with it.

Regards,
Martin