[XML-SIG] dumping an XML parser skeleton from DTD input

Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 23:19:11 +0100

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> Hard to say, I don't even understand the question. What is a "DOM XML
> parser skeleton"? And how would you like to "dump" it? If you are

It is a program that parses XML files in a certain fashion, by creating
a tree of objects (so it has to be an OO language it dumps) representing
the structure of the XML file. It is a skeleton because it just does that,
as lacking true understanding of my further intentions it has no clue
as what I'm going to do with the data created from the parsing of the
document, so it has to leave the action field blank, to be filled out by
me. (Assuming (foolishly) that I know what I'm doing).

It is dumped because I'm asking for a program that will dump a program
(see above), when supplied with a DTD of the XML it is supposed to be
able to parse.

As I said, correct me if my glass pipe has burned out. I've been only
checking out the whole XML thingy for the last couple of days.

> asking whether you can convert a DOM tree into an XML document -
> certainly, you don't even need a DTD as input.

No, I'm asking for a program that will dump a (skeleton of a, to be filled
in at earliest convenience) parser program, when supplied with the DTD of
the XML document.