[XML-SIG] Bug in re found ( expand hangs)

Roman Suzi rnd@onego.ru
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:37:51 +0300 (MSK)

Hello!

It seems I have hit a bug in sre, which could be of interest to you.

Python 2.0 (#1, Oct 16 2000, 18:10:03)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on linux2

import re
a = "abcdefghijklmnop"
m = re.match("(.)"*15, a)
print m.expand(r"\1")
print m.expand(r"\10")
... this takes too much time (probably forever)

- as I have not submitted any bugs yet, I am not sure
if I did it correctly on
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/? ...

(Could anyone check if my bug report succeeded? I was
submitting it from Lynx and probably missed something).

- I have not found anything like the example above in
the known bugs. If "\10" is not supported, then the correct
behaviour is to return it as is (or return something!), not just
hang.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Thursday, March 08, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/