[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] Article about XSLT 1.1 and <xsl:script>

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 00:56:38 -0700

> > I think Python XML users in should be worried about the W3C's continual
> > efforts to enshrine particular languages as first-class XML-processing
> > environments.  It wouldn't be so bad if things such as xsl:script were
> > not so bloody unnecessary.
>
> What does our friend Dan Connolly think of all this?  He's our secret
> ally in the W3C, I believe! :-)

Actually, based on my correspondence, I think we have several allies in the
W3C.  Dan Brickley is another.  Henry Thomson, Schemas WG chair made a very
early Python binding for his prototype XSV schemas implementation, and Philip
Le Hagar, current DOM WG chair and I have chatted about making the Python/DOM
binding an official annex.

However, I've often noticed that W3C staffers tend to avoid public jousting
with member company reps over matters that might be considered political.

In good news, though, it looks as if over a hundred people have signed our
petition in under 24 hours.  That should ring a bell for the W3C.