[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] Article about XSLT 1.1 and <xsl:script>

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:50:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
>
> > The text of the petition says:
> >
> > "7. With [...] recent changes to the DOM specification, it appears that
> > the W3C strongly favors Java and Javascript over other equally qualified
> > languages."
> >
> > Could you please detail this? I'm interested in learning how the DOM can
> > be language biased.
>
> Ah.  I'm on the spot.  Note that the petition is the synthesis of the
> entire "gang of eight" that put it together.

I was not accusing you or anything. Just being curious. I remember hearing
you pestering about some stuff in numbering handling (or date handling,
I'm not sure) in XSLT, which was Java biased (and this does not appear in
the petition, as far as I can tell), but could not see what was the thing
with DOM.

Now, as for the bindings, I have to admit that it is one part of the spec
that I have never looked at (I've just checked it 30 seconds ago to see
what it looks like, and I really do not see the point in putting this in
the spec. It brings nothing new, and the IDL is all you need.)

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).