[XML-SIG] Wrapping a DOM class.

Ian Sparks ians@etrials.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:56:56 -0400

I confess the XML support for Python confuses me. I thought I understood the
DOM but I'm having problems with the Python DOM implementations. The
following sample shows what I am *trying* to do. I know the minidom won't
get me here so what implementation will? If someone could convert to a
working sample I'd be very grateful.

from xml.dom.minidom import Document, parse, parseString

class xdoc:
    dom = Document

    def __init__(self):
        self.dom = parseString('<myxml att="hello"/>')

    def __getattr__(self,key):
        return self.dom.documentElement.getAttributeNS('',key)

    def __setattr__(self,key,value):
        self.dom.documentElement.setAttributeNS('',key,value)

x = xdoc()
x.walk = 'funny'
print x.walk
print x.att