[XML-SIG] Lexical handler for minidom

09 Jun 2001 12:38:30 +0200

* Jeremy Kloth

| While testing the various DOM implementations against 4XPath, I ran
| into the problem of minidom not parsing comments.  I looked at
| pulldom, and it had the comment callback, but never assigned the
| lexical handler property.
|
| Would anyone be against adding this to minidom?

I guess this would be OK. Some code might be surprised and break when
comments suddenly show up in the tree, but most likely that would only
be code liable to breakage in other common situations as well.

| It would also entail adding the CDATA callbacks, however I think
| mapping those directly to the characters() callback should suffice.

What would this mean? The CDATA callbacks carry no data, so there is
nothing to give to the characters() callback.

--Lars M.