[XML-SIG] 4suite build troubles

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:48:08 +0200

I have some assorted troubles building 4suite for MacOS. First thing I noticed
that several C extensions use strdup(). Unfortunately the Metrowerks compiler
doesn't have strdup(). If I understand it correctly, strdup() is *not* ANSI C,
so for portability, using it is an error. I've worked around the problem for
now.

Then, when I build XPathc, I get the following link errors:

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_errorTraceback' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_errorValue' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_errorType' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_prodNum' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_errorOccured' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Link Error   : multiply-defined 'g_errorLocation' (data)
Defined in XPath_wrap.c
Defined in XPathSwig.c

Am I doing something wrong here?

On another note, even PyXML doesn't build out of the box with distutils on the
Mac. Seems to have to do with path names that should get converted to Mac paths.
Whether this is a bug in the Mac backend of distutils or not I don't know yet --
I'll look into it further.

Just