[XML-SIG] xml for software configuration/parameters

Andrew Ptak ptak@xassist.pha.jhu.edu
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:54:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I am fairly new to xml but have been using Python extensively.  I am
working on a large python project and would like to use xml for storing
parameters, like user preferences.  I've looked around for a library to do
this but haven't found any yet.  What I'd like to see is a class that has
fields such as data value, type (for now, "string", "number", "boolean"
and "choice" for menus would work), and allowed range (or values for menu
choices) so that user input can be validated automatically.  Later
advanced features like dependencies (i.e., parameter X can take on certain
values if parameter Y is set to true, etc.) and some notion of grouping so
that a gui can be created automatically would be nice.  Does anybody know
of code out there that would work?

Thanks,
Andy Ptak