[4suite] Re: [XML-SIG] xml.dom.ext.reader.HtmlLib

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:53:41 +0200 (CEST)

On 17 Jul 2001, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> In addition, we would get increased flexibility by having a SAX driver
> for this parser.

agreed.

> | As a side note, Sgmlop.HtmlParser uses non NS methods to build it's
> | DOM. Is this what is intended ?
>
> Should be, shouldn't it? HTML doesn't have namespaces, only XHTML does.

Well... yes, and no. This is the old setAttributeNS(EMPTY_NS, name,value)
vs setAttribute(name,value) question. The problem happens when you try to
get the value back and you don't know what API was used to set
it. However, using a Sax driver for this parser should help, since then
the DOM builder would be able to call whatever method is deemed necessary.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).