[XML-SIG] 4xslt bug involving key()

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 23:43:42 -0400

[Uche Ogbuji]

> >  File "D:\PROGRA~2\PYTHON\xml\xpath\Conversions.py", line 23, in ?
> >     from xml.utils import boolean
> > ImportError: cannot import name boolean
> >
> > There is no file called "boolean" in the CVS, nor does
xml\util\__init__.py
> > define boolean.  What do I need to make this work?
>
> Weird.  None of this should have changed since the beta.
>
> xml.utils.boolean.so (or .pyd) should have ben built with your PyXML
build.
> For instance, on my machine:
>
> /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/_xmlplus/utils/boolean.so
>
> How did you build/install PyXML?

OK, I'm making progress.  My installation on Windows has a boolean.pyd in
both the ft/Lib and ft/extensions directories, both the same file.  This is
the 0.11 version.  I copied that file to  the xml/utils directory so the
xpath script could find it.  Apparently this file is now supposed to be in
xml/utils, not extensions.

Now there is a different failure:

  File "D:\PROGRA~2\PYTHON\xml\xpath\CoreFunctions.py", line 21, in ?
    from xml.xpath import Util, Conversions
  File "D:\PROGRA~2\PYTHON\xml\xpath\Conversions.py", line 179, in ?
    _strConversions = {
AttributeError: BooleanType

I looked at the boolean.h and boolean.c files in the cvs, and they contain
PyBoolean_Type, not PyBooleanType.  There is no string BooleanType.  Also I
looked at my boolean.pyd with a hex editor, and it doesn't contain
BooleanType or Boolean_Type at all.

RIght now, it looks like several things are happening:

1) boolean.pyd (or .so, I guess) is expected by xpath.Conversions to be in
xml\utils, but it's in extensions\ in the cvs.

2) It seems that xpath.Conversions now expects objects of type BooleanType,
but boolean.pyd/.so thinks it should be called Boolean_Type.

3) It looks like Boolean_Type and BooleanType were not used in the 0.11
version of 4suite.

Perhaps these are all incorrect deductions, someone please enlighten me.

Anyway, I can't use the new versions in cvs until someone makes a 1.52
binary version for Windows.  Would someone be willing to do that?

Cheers,

Tom P