[XML-SIG] dom implementations

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:57:57 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Given the listeners, we should also consider having the readers use Element
> constructors directly rather than the factory functions, as long as we can
> accommodate subclasses, as we did for cloneNode.

I'd be curious to hear about the implementation you have in mind. We
overloaded the factory functions in a custom document, so that they check
the tag and ns of an element (for instance) and instantiate the right
class depending on this, so I'd say we actually need these factory
methods.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).