[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:18:03 -0700

> Actually, the DOM spec says that objects created with the non-NS methods
> have the null namespaceURI, localName and prefix.  So I would say that
> if the parser is running in NS mode, everything is created with the NS
> methods.
>
> That would mean that unprefixed attributes would have an '' for the
> namespaceURI and prefix.

Hmm.  Regardless of what the DOM says (I thought they'd unconfused themselves.
 I guess I was wrong), that we should keep the interface consistent between
the element and attribute no-ns indicators in *SAX2*.

The readers can conform to the DOM with some trivial extra effort.