[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:06:06 -0700

Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>
> > spelled out explicitly in all places. I do not think that applications
> > should need to behave polymorphically, accepting either None or "".
>
> I could not agree more.
>
> <snipped useful ref to specs>
>
> > If everybody agrees that this is how it should be, we should document
> > it as such where appropriate, and fix existing implementations
> > accordingly.
>
> So to sum things up, this means that:
>
>  * the patch to drv_xmlproc should be correct. I believe drv_expat should
> be already fine;
>  * 4DOM/minidom/etc. should be updated to use None for the namespace uri;
>  * applications using these implementation should be updated.

Actually, the DOM spec says that objects created with the non-NS methods
have the null namespaceURI, localName and prefix.  So I would say that
if the parser is running in NS mode, everything is created with the NS
methods.

That would mean that unprefixed attributes would have an '' for the
namespaceURI and prefix.

--
Jeremy Kloth                             Consultant
jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com             (303)583-9900 x 105