[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

29 Jan 2001 10:58:37 +0100

* Alexandre Fayolle

| If I build a DOM using the default non-validating parser, attributes
| that have no namespace are available by specifying an empty string
| as the namespace uri parameter to getAttributeNS().

Actually, I think this is something that is underspecified in both SAX
and the DOM. We need to decide how to represent no namespace URI both
in SAX and the DOM. At the moment I think both different SAX drivers
and 4DOM/minidom disagree here. 4DOM/minidom also disagree in other
parts of their Attributes implementations.

I have, unfortunately, not had time to dig sufficiently into this to
know the exact state of things, but please don't start changing the
code until we have agreed what is the correct behaviour.

My opinion is that names that have no namespace URI should be
represented using None rather than "".

--Lars M.