[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:55:08 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> spelled out explicitly in all places. I do not think that applications
> should need to behave polymorphically, accepting either None or "".

I could not agree more.

<snipped useful ref to specs>

> If everybody agrees that this is how it should be, we should document
> it as such where appropriate, and fix existing implementations
> accordingly.

So to sum things up, this means that:

 * the patch to drv_xmlproc should be correct. I believe drv_expat should
be already fine;
 * 4DOM/minidom/etc. should be updated to use None for the namespace uri;
 * applications using these implementation should be updated.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).