[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:07:34 -0700

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > Hmm.  I introduced this behavior while fixing another drv_pyexpat bug (default
>  > namespaces on unprefixes attributes were being returned as the namespace of
>  > the element).
> Is this not correct?
>
> I interpreted the following phrase from the namespace spec
> in this direction:
>
>    "Note that default namespaces do not apply directly to attributes."

Yes.  And I fixed the driver to meet this.  Prior to my fix, drv_xmlproc was
returning the default namespace on unprefixed attributes in violation of XML
Namespaces 1.0, and in particular, the portion you quoted.  Now it returns
None, or after I check in Alexandre's patch, "".