[XML-SIG] problem with empty namespace uri

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:42:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Hmm.  I introduced this behavior while fixing another drv_pyexpat bug (default
> namespaces on unprefixes attributes were being returned as the namespace of
> the element).
>
> I thought None was an acceptable NSUri in Python SAX2.  The docs certainly
> seem to think so.  No big deal returning "" instead.

Well I don't mind having None instead of '', but I'm certainly in favour
of consistency. As long as empty ns uri always show up the same, this is
fine by me. I was assuming None was 'wrong' only because I had always seen
'' before (and all our code uses '').

> I saw your patch.  Have you checked this in, or should I?

I don't think I have write access on the PyXML cvs, since I'm not
registered as a developer on the project, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Narval (including a couple of kludges to work around bug #128860) with
todays cvs snapshot of 4Suite and PyXML, and this patch works fine, so I'd
say it works fine, as long as noone else is expecting None as a ns-uri.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).