[XML-SIG] Development roadmap?

24 Jan 2001 12:29:57 +0100

* Martin v. Loewis

| It seems that the current PyXML TODO document could be used to hold
| that information. The only 'maintainance' I did to that document so
| far was to remove obsolete entries - feel free to add stuff back.

To be honest I have to admit that I didn't even know that it existed.
Now that I've found it I think that we could start from it, but that
it should be on the web somewhere and also fleshed out somewhat.

| If you think this information would be better maintained in a
| different format or location (e.g. SF task manager), I suggest that
| the TODO file is deleted altogether.

I think the main candidates are an HTML file on python.org or
sourceforge.net or the SF task manager.  I don't really have any
strong opinions on either.

The HTML file would probably give a better overview, provide more
information about each task and is also more flexible, but the task
manager is probably easier to keep up to date and more helpful as an
organizational tool.

So I think I prefer the HTML page, but it's not a very strong opinion.

| That sounds like your book is complete :-)

It is.  (Yes yes yes yes YES!!! :-)

| Anyway, if you are willing to maintain a roadmap, go just ahead.

OK, will do, unless people speak up and say they want the SF task
manager instead.

| I also like to push contributors to contribute updates of their
| respective packages :-)

Will do, as soon as the problems with my account are fixed, so that I
can commit again. :) (See support request 111946.)

--Lars M.