[XML-SIG] Development roadmap?

23 Jan 2001 13:36:43 +0100

I think it would make sense for the XML-SIG to create a development
roadmap document that basically outlines

 - tasks that we plan to do
 - who is assigned to what task, if known
 - rough estimate for task completion, when known

I think this would make it easier for ourselves to keep track of what
is going on, make it clearer to the rest of the world what we are
doing, and also help newcomers to find out where they can chip in and
make a contribution.

This would obviously have to be a living document that is constantly
updated to reflect the current state of affairs. I'd be willing to
take on that task, which I guess would consist of writing the first
version of it and updating it when others neglect to do so.

Comments? Thoughts? Opinions?

--Lars M.