newthread 1) Re: [XML-SIG] CDATA sections still not handled

Mike Orr iron@mso.oz.net
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:11:29 -0800

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:17:46AM +1300, matt wrote:
> > Perhaps then you'll want to consider
> > modifying one of the existing XML parser classes or the sgmllib parser
> > to fit your needs.
>
> That would defeat my intention of using xml from the point of view that it is
> a standard.

The purpose of XML is to provide data interchange between diverse
applications.  If your application somehow produces a valid XML file,
that should be enough.  Of course, if your program may be expanded
later by XML programmers, you'll want something familiar enough they
can work with it.  But trying to contort your application to work with
the standard xml modules if they weren't desgined for that job may not
be the answer.

> why couldn't the DOM
> document still represent it as a CDATA section internally?

Do you necessarily need DOM?

--
-Mike (Iron) Orr, iron@mso.oz.net  (if mail problems: mso@jimpick.com)
   http://mso.oz.net/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol