[XML-SIG] 4Suite-0.10.1beta3

Martin v. Loewis martin@mira.cs.tu-berlin.de
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:15:31 +0100

> Bis again, please help us test this thoroughly.

The PyXML test suite fails with it for 'test_dom test_howto
test_minidom test_saxdrivers'. At least test_saxdrivers can be fixed
by using the current PyXML CVS code.

test_howto fails because it now generates an empty

<!DOCTYPE >

in the DOM tests; I'm not sure what change was causing that behaviour.
Can somebody comment whether the line is well-formed? Then we could
regenerate test_howto - although suppressing the empty DOCTYPE
declaration might be a better solution.

test_minidom fails because 4DOM's dom/__init__.py deviates from
PyXML's; minidom passes string arguments into the DOM exceptions.
Perhaps some clarification/agreement is necessary of how exactly the
specific DOM exceptions work; bear in mind that Python 2, PyXML and
4Suite must offer consistent definitions of these classes.

test_dom fails, again, for writing an empty DOCTYPE.

I'd appreciate if you could run the testsuite just before releasing
4Suite; if you run into any problems, please let me know. To run the
testsuite, run testxml.py.

Regards,
Martin