[XML-SIG] build problems with PyXML-0.6.3 on ultra10

Pankaj Gupta pg@fluent.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:33:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I downloaded PyXML and tried to setup on my ultra. It seems the location
of the files expected in Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py is different from the
ones that I have. I have not installed Python in /usr/local, but have it
in my home area. The exception which comes is:

distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation:
unable to open /usr/local/lib/python2.0/config/Makefile (No such file or
directory)

I tried to findout where this config directory is, but didnot get
anything. If anyone can suggest any workaround, it will be very helpful.

Specifically, can't I simply compile the C files in this distribution with
the Python source files and import the .py files once I open the
interpreter?

Thanks,
Pankaj