[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.6.3 is available

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:48:12 -0700

> > This should make building your RPMs much simpler.  In fact, if I had more
> > RPM-fu, I could make a spec file that spits out "PyXML-nodom" and "4Suite"
> > RPMs from the single 4Suite source tar.
>
> That probably would not be too desirable; depending on how it is done,
> it might not even work. No matter how packaging is done,
> xml.dom.minidom should be available in PyXML. In turn,
> xml.dom.__init__ must be present to provide Node. In turn,
> xml.dom.en_us must also be included.

Is this really a problem?  PyXML would be a prereq for 4Suite, and would have
everything it needs.  The 4Suite RPM vould write to the xml/dom dir the
additional stuff.  This would mandate that we keep at least __init__ and en_us
in sync.  But right after this release we plan to have a closer look at the
co-packaging between PyXML and 4Suite, and I don't think all this will be such
a mess for long.

I've already taken the preliminary step by updating 4Suite's setup.py to
install PyXML as well if it's there.  See an announcement coming soon on the
4Suite list.