[XML-SIG] Giving up on xmlproc/SAX2 for now

12 Jan 2001 09:30:53 +0100

* uche ogbuji

| I've fought with it, but I think I'm running into pretty fundamental
| problems in xmlproc.XMLProcessor.  I'm not sure what it is about
| driver2.drv_xmlproc that brings out these problems, but I'm getting
| phantom end tags being reported and such weirdness.

The problem is almost certainly that your application raises an
IndexError in one of its handler methods.  This causes xmlproc's
buffering to get out of whack and will give just the symptoms you
report.

This is a known weakness of xmlproc that I will fix as soon as I can.
Note that it is non-trivial to fix it without impacting performance
too much.

--Lars M.