[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.6.3 is available

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:39:11 -0700

> Martin von Loewis <loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Given this, what is the best way to create RPMs of PyXML and 4Suite
> which coexist? (no overlapping files). If the dom directory of PyXML
> is included (and the one from 4Suite thus not included), things like
> XSLT break. OTOH, PyXML has a couple of extra files (minidom, javadom)
> etc... would these coexist with the rest of the directory coming from
> 4Suite_ =

We've pretty much had enough.  As of version 0.10.1, PyXML will come bund=
led =

with 4Suite.

I'm desperately hacking at xmlproc, trying to get it to behave with SAX2,=
 and =

we have a few other minor PyXML fixes.  4Suite 0.10.1 needs a lot of thes=
e =

fixes, but I'm not sure a full PyXML 0.6.4 is warranted.

I think at this point, we'll just be sure to run all applicable tests and=
 =

bundle the version of PyXML we need.  Of course all credits and attributi=
ons =

will be maintained.

This should make building your RPMs much simpler.  In fact, if I had more=
 =

RPM-fu, I could make a spec file that spits out "PyXML-nodom" and "4Suite=
" =

RPMs from the single 4Suite source tar.

-- =

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =