[XML-SIG] 4Suite -> gettext

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg@redhat.com
02 Jan 2001 09:53:35 -0500

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:

> I started looking into converting 4Suite from my hacked i18n to Python's
> gettext, but it seems this is only supported for Python 2.0.

There are modules available for Python 1.5 handling this - we use one
in the installer for Red Hat Linux (which is written in python), and
there is also one which is part of pygnome.

> Unfortunately, as we've discussed here before, we need to maintain support for
> Python 1.5.2 for a while (BTW, does anyone have any thoughts on how long?)

We're using python 1.5 through the 7 series. We may (or not - right
now, likely not) include a python2 package as well, but it won't be
the primary one.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.