[XML-SIG] DTD design: include categorization, or use RDF?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:25:35 -0500

Andrew Kuchling asks

> Question: is it better to embed RDF annotations in a single file, or
> to encourage maintaining an RDF index in a separate file, as a gloss
> on the original file.  In other words, I'm wondering about:

I encourage you to use a separate file.  This is because we're going to want
more tools for working with third-party data, I think, and you will be
furthering that if you choose to use a separate file.

It really depends on whether you see the annotations as being something
separate, and if you might like to apply the same idea to some other data that
you don't control.

Cheers,

Tom P