[XML-SIG] Using PyExpat.py

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:52:14 +0100

> But I still maintain that the API used by the application should be
> clear and explicit about whether it is naming a local file or a URI.

I agree in principle. When it comes to changing existing API, I'd
hesitate to break existing code. If such breakage is planned, it ought
to be carried out rather earlier than later.

The specific case in question is the parse() method in the SAX2 API
(*); I'd argue it needs a PEP and/or your direct order to change
it. Deprecating it in the documentation is a different matter - that
still could be done after 2.1.

Regards,
Martin

(*) in turn, minidom should see a corresponding change.