[XML-SIG] SAX: Names with no namespace

20 Feb 2001 10:00:23 +0100

We had a discussion earlier about how to represent the namespace URI
of names that are not in any namespace, and this discussion was never
properly concluded.

The alternatives seem to be None and '', and the question is which to
choose. I see that the Java version of SAX has chosen '', but I think
this is in large part because anything else would be very inconvenient
because of the way Java and Java SAX are put together.

Personally, I am leaning toward None, since that seems to me the best
way to represent a missing namespace URI. That is also my only
argument in favour.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

--Lars M.