[XML-SIG] DC DOM tests (Was: Roadmap document - finally!)

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:02:12 +0100

> | - DOMString and text manipulating interface methods are not tested beyond
> |   ASCII text due to an implementation limitation of ParsedXML.DOM. So,
> |   implementations will not be tested if text is correctly treated when
> |   multi-byte UTF-16 characters are involved.
>
> By "multi-byte UTF-16 characters" I assume you mean Unicode characters
> outside the BMP that are represented using two surrogates?

I rather read that as "Unicode characters outside row 0",
ie. non-Latin-1 - although problems likely occur for "multibyte UTF-8
characters", i.e. non-ASCII.

> But this test suite really sounds like an excellent piece of work.

I definitely agree.

> It would be great if we could start using it in the PyXML package,
> and also if some scheme could be worked out so that both groups
> could easily contribute to the package.

I'm not sure it needs to be incorporated in PyXML; getting our DOM
implementations to pass and then run them regularly as regression
tests should be sufficient.

An official feedback procedure (patch submission address, or CVS write
access) would be good, though. I actually don't know how people
contribute to Zope - although I could probably find out with little
reasearch.

Regards,
Martin