[XML-SIG] Hook

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:06:35 -0700

> [1] Provided I can resist the temptation to implement Rick Jelliffe's
>     Hook schema language.

Ah.  You too?  I'm also quite intrigued by Hook.  Interesting to see how such
an extremely minimalist schema language will hold up to real-world cases.

In case anyone is wondering what Hook is, here is a complete schema for XHTML
Basic.

<hook:order
  xmlns:hook="http://www.ascc.net/xml/hook"
  targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

  html head  [ title; meta. link. base. ]
  body [ a br. blockquote caption; div  dl; form h1; h2; h3; h4; h5; h6;
        img. ol; p; pre; table; ul; ]
  [ tr;  dt; dd; li;  input; label; select; textarea; ]  [ td option. ]
  [ abbr acronym address cite code dfn em kbd q samp span strong var object; ]
  param
</hook:order>

Me, I like.  See http://www.ascc.net/xml/hook.