[XML-SIG] Question about namespace declarations

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:09:33 -0500 (EST)

  I took a look in the namespaces recommendation
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/), and it makes me think that this
isn't quite right.  I vaguely recall that "xmlns" was supposed to
magically map into that URI, but I don't see it in the
recommendation.  Further, the recommendation says (section 4, in
"Namespace Constraint: Prefix Declared") that the "xmlns" prefix is
not bound to any namespace URI.
  This makes me think that both "xmlns" and "xmlns:*" should be
presented as attributes without namespaces in the DOM.  Can anyone
point to references that extend or override this recommendation?
  Thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>