[XML-SIG] Some pyXML Bugs in PyXML 0.6.2 and 4Suite for Python 1.5.2

Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:51:56 +0100

> First, a number of modules reference the "core" module, which isn't
> there (any more, I assume?).  Some are tests, some are not.  I don't
> have a list at the moment, but they should be flushed out.

That's a known issue; not all of that has been ported to
4DOM. Contributions are welcome.

> Second, in xml\dom\ext\PyExpat.py, the import pyexpat statement
> doesn't throw an ImportError, but a NameError (seems strange).

That code will look differently once we get an updated copy of 4DOM.

> I'm not sure who shoud be putting fixes for these bugs in once they
> are agreed on.  I'm still not getting secure access negotiated
> properly, so it's not going to be me for while yet.

Patches can be submitted to sourceforge.net/projects/pyxml also.

Regards,
Martin