[XML-SIG] DOM test failures

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:45:49 +0100 (CET)

Sorry for my lack of responsiveness. I'm currently kept busy by some
paying customers.

Let me sum up things, first: There is a problem with the changes I made in
4DOM because some people might actually want to use the DOM L1 API to
create documents with namespaces, and the DOM TR requires that this be
possible.

I suggest reverting the changes I made (that is removing the delegation of
all calls to non NS aware methods to the NS aware ones, using
EMPTY_NAMESPACE as the namespace). The main goal was to enable the query
of the NS attributes on calls to getAttribute and getAttributeNS. The same
effect could be achieved by having getAttribute and getAttributeNode call
getAttributeNS(EMPTY_NAMESPACE,name) (resp. getAttributeNodeNS) if the
lookup using the DOM L1 procedure gives nothing.

This would not penalize the default DOM L2 calls, and should reduce the
number problems faced by newcomers.

If it is thought that this solution would do the trick, I'll try to find
the time to implement it and commit it tomorrow evening.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).