[XML-SIG] Pyana 0.2.0 released

Brian Quinlan brian@sweetapp.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:19:47 -0800

J=FCrgen wrote:
> Well, _I_ am and will probably run such a benchmark in Q1/2002, then
diss
> you both. ;)

J=FCrgen, we will both be using Xalan and I doubt that I am doing things
so poorly that you will be able to eek out significant performance
improvements :-)

One thing that I did note is that you assume that the various
Xalan/Xerces characters (e.g. XMLCh) are equivalent to Py_UNICODE
characters. While this is not definitely correct (XMLCh arrays are
considered to be UTF-16 while Py_UNICODE arrays are considered to be
UCS-2 or UCS-4), it may result in a performance increase because it
saves you having to go through the UTF-16 encoding/decoder all the time.

Cheers,
Brian