[XML-SIG] DOM test failures

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:55:21 -0700

> Sylvain Thenault writes:
>  > I think that having localName=nodeName and prefix=None when the
>  > application creates nodes through the level 1 API is easier to handle for
>  > applications which take DOM tree as input, without knowing how it have
>  > been created or if it uses xmlns or not.
>
>   Yeah, its easy to convince oneself of this.  ;-)
>   And this is exactly the kind of thing that makes me think that the
> DOM for documents processed with namespaces and DOM for docs without
> namespaces are simply two different beasts (possibly with a shared
> base).
>   Which brings back the idea that what we need is something new.  How
> many of us are going to be at Python 10?  (Martin?  Lars?)  Would a
> BoF or DevDay session be useful?

I'll be there.  I think we should try to have a few BOFS/sessions:

* Yet ANother Future of PyXML/Plans for 1.0 BOF (maybe this is just a bunch of
us dining, as it was last time)
* DOM alternative BOF
* Web services BOF

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management