[XML-SIG] possible bug in DOM

Max M. Stalnaker astar@spamcop.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:20:21 -0800

Problem summary: DOM hangs on large document

Consider a set of src files of code to be transformed into xml docs and
manipulated, then written out again.

My initial attempt is to break src files into statements.  The statements
become RawText attributes of the Statement children of ProgramName.  This
seems to actually work on one small file, but not on one large file.  A
large file is a half-meg of text.

The pecularity that seems to indicate a bug in system software is that
varying the amount of free memory, as by closing other program, cause slight
variation in the location in the src file on which my code hangs.

I am using pyxml 0.6.6 and python 2.1.1.

I am running on win2k box with 256M memory.  Memory usage is 190 to 230meg
on failure.

Please advise as to what procedure to follow to transform this into a
usefully reported bug.