[XML-SIG] DOM test failures

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:51:10 -0500

Sylvain Thenault writes:
 > I think that having localName=nodeName and prefix=None when the
 > application creates nodes through the level 1 API is easier to handle for
 > applications which take DOM tree as input, without knowing how it have
 > been created or if it uses xmlns or not.

  Yeah, its easy to convince oneself of this.  ;-)
  And this is exactly the kind of thing that makes me think that the
DOM for documents processed with namespaces and DOM for docs without
namespaces are simply two different beasts (possibly with a shared
base).
  Which brings back the idea that what we need is something new.  How
many of us are going to be at Python 10?  (Martin?  Lars?)  Would a
BoF or DevDay session be useful?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>