[XML-SIG] Reconsidering NamespaceErr on '' and None

Rich Salz rsalz@zolera.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:58:41 -0500

> A better way is to use a symbolic constant for empty namespace. If
> xml.dom.EMPTY_NAMESPACE exists, you can use it safely, if not, you can
> define it to ''

I thought the problem was that sometimes '' was used, and sometimes None
was used, so that I had to write my test to check for both.

If I'm wrong, and we're now converting EVERYONE from '' to None, then it
is less important.  If, however, any of the DOMs before 0.7 used '' and
some used None, then I think we should allow a migration path for one
release.
	/r$
--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption