[XML-SIG] Expanding external entities

27 Aug 2001 17:54:15 +0200

* Alexandre Fayolle

| First thing is, you're using SAX 1.0 interfaces which are deprecated. You
| should use
|
| from xml.sax.sax2exts import make_parser

Not so. He should use

  from xml.sax import make_parser

| If it doesn't work, you could try using a validating parser. I'm
| pretty sure xmlproc deals with external entities correctly.

It does.

If you want to use expat through SAX try setting the
feature_external_ges feature to true to make it load external
entities, like so:

  from xml.sax import make_parser
  from xml.sax.handler import feature_external_ges
  p = make_parser()
  p.setFeature(feature_external_ges, 1)
  p.parse(stuff)

If this doesn't work for expat and/or xmlproc, please report that as a
feature request (or bug, depending on what happens) in SourceForge.
That way we won't forget about the problem.

--Lars M.