[XML-SIG] Problem installing PyXMLv0.6.6

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:23:49 +0200

From: "G=F6ran Rolfsson" <Goran.Rolfsson@reachin.se>
> Hi! I first tried the exe-version ( I have NT), but it wants me to sele=
ct
> the Python installation to use, without showing me any to choose among,=
 and
> without the possibility to specify a path. And yes, I have Python insta=
lled
> on my machine (actually in several versions).

G=F6ran,

the exe-version is probably built with distutils bdist_wininst command.
This looks in the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Python\PythonCore\x.y\InstallPath
to find the location where Pythin is installed. (x.y is the required
version 2.0, 2.1, whatever).
This registry key is created by the installer when you install Python
itself. If you compiled it from source, it will not be present.

Could you look for this entry with the registry editor?

Thomas