[XML-SIG] Installing pyexpat

Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:51:40 +0200

>         I am trying to install pyexpat and I am getting the following
> error.

Can you elaborate in more detail what exactly you've been trying to
install, please? PyXML? Python? What version?

=46rom the gcc invocation, it looks like you are installing some Python
version. In that case, I recommend to read Modules/Setup for details
on obtaining the expat library. Depending on the version of expat that
you get, it may be that it contains expat.h instead of xmlparse.h. In
this case, you also need to define -DHAVE_EXPAT_H for the compilation.
Since you did not say what it is that you are installing, it is hard
to give advise where and howto define this preprocessor macro.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. Please don't send html mails; thanks.