[XML-SIG] Attribute value normalization

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:01:10 -0600

> I'm using PyExpat.Reader, but it's not clear to me who should be doing
> this -- pyexpat or the lower layers or xml.dom ?
>
> Attribute-value normalization ( http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#AVNormalize
> ) isn't being done.

I would think that, because the spec states it should be done by the XML
processor, it should be happening in the parsers (i.e., pyexpat, sgmlop).
This way the duplication of the normalization code would be minimized and
anyone using the XML tools would benefit.  That is using the SAX interface,
the reader interfaces or the parsers directly.

--
Jeremy Kloth                              Consultant
jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com              +1 303 583 9900 x 105