[XML-SIG] newbie to this:from xml.dom.ext import PrettyPrint

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:50:15 -0400 (EDT)

sdf writes:
 > I want to use appendchild method,and I see many examples,but all of
 > the need this sentence:
 >    from xml.dom.ext import PrettyPrint
 > and my python do not have this module,whether should I get it.

  xml.dom.ext.PrettyPrint is *not* part of the standard library for
Python; it is available as part of PyXML.  PyXML is a substantial
extension to the code in the standard library, and can be very
useful.  It is available at:

	http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/

 > In addition,the python document tell the function of appendchild,I
 > think this mean I can use it without other non-standard module,why
 > the example need others

  appendChild() is part of the Python DOM API, and can be used with
the DOMs returned by the functions in xml.dom.minidom, which is part
of the standard distribution.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>