[XML-SIG] expat namespace_separator in Python 2.1

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:07:11 -0400

Daniel "eikeon" Krech"  asked -

> IMHO, it would be really nice if batfoo and batfoo where the same. Does
> anyone know if this is or is not the case? Or is it application specific
as
> to wether or not they are?

Definitely completely different from an xml-namespaces point of view.  I'm
not sure how or why your code uses the concatenated names, but I'd suggest
they might lead to problems down the road, if yu want to start using other
tools or interfacing with other systems.  You couldn't count on any random
parser supporting your way, if you had an urge to start using some other
parser.

Cheers,

Tom P